It’s National Poetry Month and, inspired by Nina Katchadourian’s Sorted Books project, I decided to have a little fun with some of my favorite books. Here’s a short, and somewhat dystopian, book spine poem:
I live in the future and here’s how it works: People waste and want everything in pursuit of the unknown.
The unsuspecting accomplices:
- I Live in the Future & Here’s How It Works by Nick Bilton, one of 7 essential books about the future of information
- People by Blexbolex, one of the 11 best children’s books of 2011
- Waste and Want: A Social History of Trash by Susan Strasser
- Blabber Blabber Blabber: Volume 1 of Everything by Lynda Barry
- In Pursuit of the Unknown: 17 Equations That Changed the World by Ian Stewart, fresh off this morning’s pickings