I love researching and writing Brain Pickings. But it takes hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars a month to sustain. Keeping it a clean, ad-free reading experience — which is important to me and, I hope, to you — means it’s subsidized by the generous support of readers like you. So if you find any joy and stimulation in it, please consider a modest donation — however much you can afford, when it comes from the heart, it’s the kind of gesture that makes me warm with appreciation.
There are two options: You can become a Supporting Member, joining the loyal readers who make Brain Pickings possible with an automatic monthly donation of your choosing:
…OR, you can be a one-time patron with a single contribution:
Partial to Bitcoin? You can beam some bit-love my way: 197usDS6AsL9wDKxtGM6xaWjmR5ejgqem7
Need to cancel your recurring monthly donation? If you donate by credit or debit card, please go here. If you donate via PayPal, please use this button:
…or do it manually, by following the steps below:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click the settings icon next to “Log out.”
3. Click “Pre-approved payments” under “Payment Settings.”
4. Find Brain Pickings and click it.
5. Click “Cancel,” “Cancel automatic billing,” or “Cancel subscription” next to status and follow the instructions.